We hold the well-being of our patients as paramount.
We promote excellence in psychoanalytic thinking and psychotherapy; support the highest standards of ethical and competent practice, training and research; and work to make psychoanalytic psychotherapy accessible to all.
We are a component association of the Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Association of Australasia PPAA to raise the profile of psychoanalytic psychotherapy, and offer training and set the standards for practitioners.
Established in the late-1970s, the Queensland Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Association QPPA is run by the QPPA Management Committee, elected annually at the Annual General Meeting by and from the Members.
Currently, the Management Committee includes:
- Ms Penny Love (Chair)
- Ms Chel Quinn (Secretary)
- Ms Kerrie Collings-Silvey (Treasurer)
- Dr Peter Hengstberger
- Ms Meredith Waugh
The QPPA is affiliated with the Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Association of Australasia PPAA. This is the main organisation for psychoanalytic psychotherapists within Australia and New Zealand.
Other Member Organisations include:
- Association for Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy of WA APPWA
- NSW Institute of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy NSWIPP
- The Victorian Association of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapists VAPP
- Child Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Association of Australia CPPAA
- New Zealand Institute of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy NZIPP
Additionally, as a member of the PPAA, we are a foundation member of The Australasian Confederation of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapies ACPP
Other Foundation Member Organisations include:
- The Australian Association of Group Psychotherapy AAGP
- The Australian & New Zealand Society of Jungian Analysts ANZSJA
- The Australian Psychoanalytic Society APAS
The ACPP works to ensure that the credentials of psychoanalytic psychotherapists, psychoanalysts and group analysts, meet both international standards, and those of Australian and New Zealand regulatory bodies (such as AHPRA or the Medical Council of New Zealand).
The ACPP is the first organisation in Australia which will exclusively promote and advocate for psychoanalytic psychotherapies to become an acknowledged part of the mental health service delivery model in Australia (see ACPP Flyer).